You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- The right of confirmation that your data is being processed;
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right for your data we hold to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that your data is deleted or removed where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data;
- The right to port your data for the purpose of obtaining or reusing data for your own purposes across different services;
- The right to object to the processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
Patients of Corbett Medical Limited
Your privacy is important to us. We hold your personal data for the provision of specialist medical services, as well as related purposes such as patient records and analysis to help us manage our practice, as well as legal and regulatory compliance. We ensure at all times that your personal data is held in a secure manner. For specialist medical purposes we need to hold a wide range of personal information including (but not limited to) contact information, personal information, medical records and if appropriate health insurance information. We may also ask for and hold documents and records of the above. It may be necessary to hold personal data relating to you. As a patient, you consent to us holding and processing the data you choose to share with us. Our use of that information is subject to your instructions, GDPR, and our duty of confidentiality as laid out in guidance from the General Medical Council. Please note that we may need to give information to other medical professionals such as your GP, other consultants, dieticians, specialist gastroenterology nurses and also to Nuffield Health Cambridge and Cambridge University Hospitals if appropriate, and this would always be with your knowledge and agreement.
Visitors to the website www.drgarethcorbett.com
You can access most of the pages on our website without giving us your personal information. However, you may provide us with your personal information (name, email address) on some pages of our websites, eg the enquiry form. You also provide us with your personal information contacting us via the website. By submitting your personal information, you consent to our use of the information as set out in this privacy notice.
When you visit our website, our server will automatically record your IP address and the time and duration of your visit. We use the data you provide via our website to communicate with you, for example: using your contact details such as email address or phone number when responding to enquiries made via online forms. We may also use it to monitor website trends, for example: Google Analytics to monitor trends on our website, and to operate our business more effectively.
Processing of your personal data may be necessary for compliance with our legal and professional obligations to third parties. This includes for example, our professional and contractual duties to the hospitals in which Dr Corbett works.
Processing may be necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest:
- In processing your personal data to measure and improve the performance of our website in order to provide you with the best possible visitor experience in circumstances where your personal data is appropriately protected from misuse by technical measures, policies and procedures;
- In the case of our patients, in establishing and maintaining a two-way enduring and mutually beneficial relationship with you.
We do not share your data for marketing purposes.
We do not transfer your data to other countries and your personal data will never be sold or transferred to an organisation without your knowledge and consent.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of Corbett Medical Limited or our website or your dealings with Corbett Medical Limited or our website, please contact Dr Gareth Corbett below. Legal rights regarding privacy are the remit of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and you will find more information about this and how to complain at the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Dr Gareth Corbett
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing to Nuffield Health Cambridge, 4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 9AF